Have you ever wondered why car thieves find it challenging to steal automobiles? The answer lies in the advanced security features that come with vehicles. Today, cars have various safety features that alert the driver or owner of any security threats or issues in the car. One such feature is the car with a lock symbol, which is the focus of this article.
What is the Car with Lock Symbol and How to Fix it?
The car with a lock symbol is a sign that your vehicle manufacturer has placed in your car to enhance the security of your car and prevent it from being stolen or attacked easily by automobile thieves. In other words, it indicates the initiation of a car’s anti-theft system. However, this safety system might trigger even when your vehicle’s safety is not compromised. For instance, a low or dead battery could activate the anti-theft system in your car, leading to the appearance of the lock symbol.
If you see the lock symbol in your car, you need to fix it to ensure your vehicle’s safety. Here are some methods you can use:
- Use the vehicle’s key fob to unlock the car properly.
- In other cases, use the door key simply.
- Turn on your ignition system.
- Remove the alarm fuse. You can also disconnect the car battery.
How to Get Your Car Out of Anti-Lock Mode?
If your car is in anti-lock mode, the following procedures will help get it out:
- Insert your key into the door lock, even if your car is keyless.
- Turn your vehicle key to unlock your car door and hold the key in its position for about 30 seconds to bypass the alarming system of your vehicle.
- Try to start your vehicle’s engine while taking your key out of the door. Ensure the door cylinder is still in the locked position.
The anti-lock mode should be disabled after these steps.
What Does the Flashing Car and Lock Symbol Mean?
The flashing car and lock symbol mean an anti-theft light found in your car’s dashboard, which is periodic in nature and functions to protect your vehicle’s security system against intrusions.
Why Is My Anti-Theft Light On and How to Turn it Off?
Your anti-theft light could come on if there is an intrusion or attempt by thieves to steal your vehicle. Another reason why your anti-theft light comes on or notifies you is if there is a loss of crucial memory.
Here are some ways to turn off the anti-theft system:
- Use the key fob by pressing the alarm button to turn it off.
- Remove the alarm fuse from the fuse panel in your car.
- Turn on the ignition.
- Use the door key by inserting it into your driver’s side door lock and turning it on as you hold it for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Disconnect the battery for a few minutes to enable the computer to reset.
How Do Car Thieves Bypass Immobilizers?
Comprehensive automobile thieves use scanning technology to bypass your immobilizer. This scanner makes the immobilizer chips vulnerable in most vehicle models, enabling the thieves to break the encryption sent to your vehicle, thus making it vulnerable to stealing.
While today’s automobiles have advanced security features, they are not immune to issues or problems that may arise. Therefore, it is crucial to be vigilant and to know how to fix any security issues in your car. If you encounter any difficulty or complex situation, it is best to call up your certified mechanic for assistance. We hope this article has been helpful in understanding the car with a lock symbol and how to fix it.